Just the thoughts of one daughter of the King of Kings, a wife, a mother, a sister and a friend.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The day after

We buried my father in law yesterday.  Seemed so surreal.  Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day though.  Everything was just as he wanted it. 


I woke up this morning hoping that the last few days we just walked through were all just a dream... then reality hit me.  Time to get up and try to get back to some kind of normal routine... for my kids' sake.  


My heart still aches.  I miss my father in law tremendously.  I hurt... for my husband, my kids, for my mother in law, my sisters in law, Grandma and all of our family and friends that were so close to him.  While I am thankful that Larry is no longer hurting, not in any pain any longer... I still wish he were here with us. 


I am SO thankful to our wonderful family and friends that have been pitching in and helping us over the last few weeks.  My sister, Maryann, for watching my babies several times for us, just so that we could have a break.  Feeding them and taking them places.  She was a lifesaver! :)  My mom & dad, who called or texted me pretty much daily to lift me up and just check on me!  I love them!!  For coordinating food for the family and also helping with the kids.  They are my rocks!  Always there for me!  For my pastors, Todd & Rachel, and our church family for being there for us. For bringing food to our family and checking up on us daily.  We are so blessed to have them as our pastors & friends.  Emily, for skipping school for us to watch my girls. ;) I love you girl. Thanks for always being available to look after them.  And there are so many others!  THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.  Your kind words, your prayers, the wonderful food you prepared for us or went and picked up for us at the last minute -Aunt Kellye ;)... will never be in vain!  Our father above sees the love you shared and your reward will be great.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!


Gotta get my Wife & Mommy cap on and get this crazy messy house in order.  Seems like it hasn't been touched in over 3 weeks.  Oh, and some groceries.  Gotta go get some groceries.  Don't remember the last time I let us run out of milk.  Lol!  I did manage to get some laundry washed... washed, not put up.  Lol!  Currently my couch is housing our clean laundry. And that's ok, for now! At least it's clean.  


Praying for the next days, months and years that the emotions of not having our "PawPaw" come back around.  Praying for God's continued strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment