Just the thoughts of one daughter of the King of Kings, a wife, a mother, a sister and a friend.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fight Like A Girl

So... here I am again...   I. HATE. CANCER.


Kiara (my oldest daughter) came home a couple of days ago talking about a little girl she knows from school that has cancer, Mary Keith.  Kiara talked about how all of her friends are doing different things to help raise awareness for their friend.  Today, practically everyone in the school wore shorts with crazy knee socks and sneakers because that was one of Mary's favorite outfits to wear.  And also today the  White House Dixie Youth/USFA Baseball and Softball and Doug's BP Gas Station in White House, TN began selling shirts donated by Think Ink.  


The shirts are only $10 and all proceeds will go to Mary and her family.  While I don't know this family personally, I have so proud of our community for coming together for this family.  I hear that News Channel 5 will be interviewing her on tomorrow and that News Channel 2 will be at the WH City Park for the Opening Night Parade.  Everyone will be there wearing their shirts in honor of Mary. :) 
Continuing to lift Mary and her family up to the Father. I know that he is the only one we can turn to.


(Read here for another article on Mary's story)


I also saw a post today from a friend who's grandfather was told today that he has cancer and that it is terminal.  So sad to hear. Praying for that family! 


Cancer is awful.  I pray that one day VERY soon they will find a cure for this horrible disease that seems to have no mercy on anyone.  I am praying for these 2 and many others who are in the fight of their life to beat this STUPID disease called cancer.


The pain of my father in law's death and loss to cancer is still very fresh in my mind.  I think about him often throughout the day.  He wasn't perfect (none of us are) but he LOVED his family and he knew how to show it.  And I see so much of him in my husband.  I continue to pray for God's peace and comfort for my husband, my mother in law and our whole family.  Father, I pray that you wrap us in your arms. AMEN!























No comments:

Post a Comment